Me.

She.

The most beautiful person in the room is often the one you didn't notice the first time.

One-thousand-one-hundred-and-ninety. It took Shakespeare that many lines to write a poetic masterpiece on the beauty of two individuals, tied to each other by their hopes and dreams, their love. I sometimes wish I had a mind capable of writing but a fraction of that amount, just to show the world the beauty of one significant individual in my life. It's unfortunate that I've never been very good with words.

I remember...

It was raining, and we were seated in my car, just the two of us, driving around aimlessly, wasting time in each other's company. I thought the night was beautiful, but I suppose your mere presence made it seem so. The nights were always beautiful with you around, and it wasn't till that night that I understood why.

I can't remember what we talked about - probably about the stupid things we'd gone through during the day, or maybe we were being full of ourselves, as we always are. Whatever it is, I remember looking forward, waiting for the lights to turn green - you leaned over, and so very gently placed a kiss on my cheek. You said I was a sweet guy. I know for a fact that my face turned red that night - it being dark, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't notice. My brain froze there and then - and something clicked.

Do you know exactly what you did to me that night? You made a boy out of me. You made me feel special. Where I had lived my life feeling like I was nothing more than a speck of dust, you made me feel like I was worth something, that I wasn't so bad after all. That I had something to offer. And most importantly, you showed me that I was worthy of someone's love.

That was years ago. I don't even know if you remember that night. I may not see you very often these days, but when I do it feels exactly the same - the nights are beautiful, and I could care less about my troubles with the world.

I don't say it often, but when I do say these simple words, I say them with all my heart: I love you. And right here, right now, I thank God that I've got you in my life. For what it's worth, you're the best thing to have ever come into my life. The best thing.

And we both know - I wouldn't trade you for the world.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 4:50 AM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment