Me.

Magic.

"Hocus pocus".

This world needs a little more magic, don't you think?

It seems like everything can be explained away, and that's not right. There should be some things that defy explanation, that don't warrant it. Some magic. Like looking up at the clouds and wondering what lies behind them, but never knowing. Like jumping into a pool of water and feeling like you've crossed into another world.

Science has made the world, and life, so... Certain. Like there's an explanation for everything. But that shouldn't be the way it is, there should be more mystery to it. And behind the mystery, a simple sense of awe and wonder. A simple sense of magic. Children see the world that way: they see magic all around them, and as they grow they lose that view, because of all our textbooks, the Internet, what have you. The magic is simply lost, and that's just sad.

At least, so it is to me.

Some may say that "magic" I'm looking for is simply some form of "ignorance". I disagree - but I can't quite explain the difference, despite the fact that I feel they are two very different things. I suppose I'll have to leave it to you to define it, whichever way you like.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 3:15 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment