Me.

Addict.

Hi. It's been a while.

For a moment I forgot this place existed. Quite a few memories here. Is it time to share and make more?

It has been almost 12 years now since she and I became close. A little less since she and I started calling one another "best friend". About the same amount of time I've been in love with her.

In a world where feelings fade after 12 months, 12 years is a long time to be in love. These days if any of us manage to stick to one another for anything more than a year, we'd call it an achievement.

But here I am. 12 years down the road. And I feel no different.

I've talked about how it's torture. About how I want it to go away and finally get some peace.

Maybe today I'll talk about how it's been some of the best times of my life.

I don't have to put it in so many words. It's quite simple: I love getting lost in her eyes. I love listening to her chuckle. I love the way her hair falls over her shoulders when she turns to catch my eye. I love the way she hops towards something excitedly, and I love the way she hums a tune when she's sure no one else is listening.

I love how she makes me feel weightless when I'm around her.
I love how all my walls are down when I'm with her.
I love that I don't have a worry in the world when I'm in her company.

And that's probably why I'm still here. I love everything about her, and I love everything that she does to me when I'm near her.

There's a good chance that 12 years from now I'll find myself looking up to a sky filled with stars, and I'll tell myself: "I wish you were here to see this with me".

In a world where feelings fade after 12 months, 12 years is a long time to be in love. 12 years is a long, long time to be in love.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 3:45 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment