Me.

One Eye on the Past, Another on the Future.

Seeing as tomorrow is New Year's Eve, I might as well blog about the past year now, considering I won't be able to tomorrow.
Also because I want to.

Somewhere in the earlier part of 2007, I deleted my old blog, under the URL "adamtherandom.blogspot.com". I decided to do so because it grew to be rather depressing, and I wanted to stop blogging and sort myself out.

After a few months, I started again. This blog was the result of my desire to start blogging again. It originally started as "Letters from a Dewind", inspired mainly by the title and idea of the movie Letters from Iwo Jima. I blogged under the idea of writing letters to anonymous readers, detailing my problems in them. After realizing that my blog was once again nothing but a wall of depression, I sought to change it - naming it "Nuts & Bolts". It was here that I took to writing about different things - mostly those which struck my mind and interest, which weren't depressing in nature, but rather... more exciting and carefree. It was also during this period that I found the resemblance between my MSN nickname (my initial and surname: A. Dewind) and the current URL (adewind.blogspot.com). This was good, as it increased the personality of this blog (to me, at least).

Now I've come to realize that the same thing is happening once again - of late, most of what I blog has been about the darker parts of my emotions (well, the more reader friendly ones have been published here - the rest I keep hidden in the corner of my coffin). However, I'm not going to go about and change the blog. "Life isn't supposed to make sense", and this blog is an extension of me. As I go through the ups and downs of my strange life, so will this blog. Is this for good or bad? Anyone who reads this blog might very well get sick of the stuff I write about, but personally: I couldn't care.

So that was the blog. What about the rest of my life?
The year has seen new additions to those I call "friends". The year has seen me grow closer to a few people, and grow further apart from some others (some obvious enough, some not). The year has seen me lose a lot, gain a little.
The year has seen me mature, in my perception, my thoughts. Though at the same time it's seen me deteriorate, also in my perception and my thoughts. How is this so? So long as you can look at things from a different angle, you'll be sure to understand what I'm getting at.
I could go into details about how I matured, who I grew closer to and who I grew apart from,
but those are details I shall need to keep to myself.

I have some hope in 2008 - that it'll be better than this year's. Though it's really a small hope, seeing how things are going... I guess I can predict well enough where I''ll be heading in 2008.
Ok, that's for another time.

Till then, have a good New Year's people. Some of you deserve it.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 7:39 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment