Me.

Speed Bumps & Failed Brakes.

These days, I allow too much of myself to be affected by music, especially when I'm driving.
Do you often listen to tunes, and drive according to the intensity of the music you're listening to? I'm sure most are pretty much the same as me.

***

I love the atmosphere of driving on the highways at night. There are rarely too many cars on the route from KL/Damansara to Rawang at night. It's a wonderful feeling to have your hands on the steering wheel; to watch the rear lights of other cars zoom by; to watch the huge street lights come into view, then so quickly disappear from sight; to feel the road beneath you; and to have your favourite music accompany you.

No passengers. Just you, the road, and the music you love so.

***

I'm sure that many people would deem me crazy if they watched me drive at night. One minute, I'll be driving slow, allowing all sorts of vehicles to pass me by; the next, I'd be traveling at speeds that would make my engine cry.


Ever listened to the song "Come Alive" by the Foo Fighters? It starts out slow, a very relaxed tune. As one reaches the middle of the song, the intensity grows, and it's as though fuel is poured onto a warm flame that was burning in you. Often, I find myself driving at average speeds of 100km/h on the highway, and just as the music begins to pick up, my foot moves with synchronisation to it. Before I know it, I'll be smiling to myself as I over take cars at an average of 170km/h.

It's a funny feeling.

It's a good feeling.

Because in that moment, every little troubled thought I have is just swept away. Even if just for a moment - at the very least I can be assured that I am truly free. No questions. No restraints. No reasons.

If I should die on the road, I would die a happy man.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 10:00 PM  

2 comment(s):

gorie said... May 25, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

It's been a while since I've wandered into this part of the cyberjungle. I'm a bit johnny-come-lately but better late than never, I have the whole album as well! 'Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace'. Definitely, one of their best so far. I should move along now.

Adam Dewind said... May 25, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

Ha ha! I would never have known that you read this blog. Oh how the comments tell me so much.

Post a Comment