Me.

So Long, Farewell.

Yesterday, one of my closest friends departed for Australia, to further his studies in I.T.
Though I know I'll see him in a few months time (when his term break comes around), it was a fairly sombre moment for me.

There were just a little more than a handful of us there yesterday to send him off - Aliff, Amir, Arnold, Kumar, Victor, Weng Chi, Yip, and myself - everyone else was pretty busy (to my knowledge).

Words cannot express how much I'm going to miss that damn Indian. Sure, time may fly fast, but it'll never fly fast enough. Especially not when it comes to Thilagan. He's always been an incredible friend, and I can't say I'm a little envious of those Aussies for having him around.

Suddenly I'm reminded of all the times we played foosball together. He was only ever good for "sayur" shots, and he was pretty good at it. And he was my main pool partner - I never played pool with anyone quite as much as I did with him. Then there's the assignments! Always the intelligent bastard. Thank God for him, because I'd have failed a helluva lot more subjects if not for all his help.

My gosh. I'm talking about him as if he's dead and gone. There's a lot more to him, of course, but whatever eh? I'm just in the mood for a simple post, and this is what it'll be.

Thilagan! Though it's very likely you'll never read this, once again: All the best my friend. I'll be waiting patiently for you to come back home - hopefully I'll be good enough to teach you a lesson or two in pool by then :P

Till then.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 9:45 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment