Me.

Black On Black.

It's 11:27PM.


I've got nothing to do tonight. I'm bored, I'm hungry, and I'm just very, very tired. The wrong lights are on in the hall, and it's beginning to annoy me. Give me a second.

Yes, that's better. Much better.

The nights have been extremely hot lately. Despite the many hours I spend on my bed, little of it is spent sleeping. Mother Nature has been teasing my area with the idea of rain for days now, but she never pulls through - I'm sure it's very much the same everywhere else. If you've had rain in your area lately, I've got to say: you're a lucky basketface.

Let's make this form of interaction a little more personal, and a little less cryptic.

What's new?

I mentioned some time back that I was finally done with my diploma. I'm on my way to beginning a whole new life in an old place - if all goes well, I'll be enrolled next month for a degree in Psychology. I can't say I'm not afraid - it's a whole new environment, and the worst bit is: I won't have the people I've known for the last four years around me. Will I be able to cope? Only time will tell.

Funny thing is, I'm 23 this year. And here I sit, waiting to spend yet another 3 years - studying for a degree. Most people my age are either: 1) studying for their Masters; 2) already running up their career ladders. I'm sure many are wondering what the bloody hell I've been doing with my life all this while. You want an honest answer? I don't know either.

Sigh. To imagine, I'll only be out and about in the working world when I'm 26 - and that's assuming that I don't fail any of my subjects.

Alright, alright. Enough of that.

I've had a few close friends leave for greener pastures in the past year, and soon enough a few more will be leaving. Things sure are changing, aren't they? Yes... they definitely are.

It's been a little lonely lately. I've not seen or talked to a select few people for months now, and it's not at all pleasing. It's been weeks since I last talked to Collin, longer still since I talked to Thilagan. And what of my proclaimed best friend, Guna? I haven't seen him since... well, forever. There are a couple of others I haven't seen in a while, but I think I'll leave their names out of here for tonight - they know who they are.

On a lighter note, I haven't cut my hair in weeks. Probably months. I think the last time was in January. Or February. I don't know. It's messy, and all too difficult to comb. Why don't I just cut it then? Simple: malas.

Hmm. It's been a while since I actually made an attempt to update this blog with content like this. Much easier to do, less energy spent trying to construct sentences that hide the true meaning of things.

Ah well. Look at the time.

It's 12:05AM. It's taken me a good half hour to get to this point.

Also, I've noticed something. The sky tonight is clear. Crystal clear.

One has to wonder why there isn't a single star in the sky tonight.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 11:27 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment