Me.

Sanctuary.

It's dark outside, and the wind is heavy. Flashes of lightning illuminate the black sky, with thunder roaring across the night - the only sound to dwarf the loud beating of the rain. Just a little longer, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a flood in this part of the country.


I'm alone here, tonight. Apart from all the ruckus Mother Nature is making, it's fairly quiet and peaceful here. The air that's swirling in here is cool, and there's a refreshing scent about it. God knows why, but I've got the biggest smile plastered across my face - it's been there since the rain started.

It's odd - the condition outside couldn't be worse, but it's that same condition that's evoked quite a few warm memories. I've images in my head of bright eyes and wide smiles, of silly faces and silent laughter. And I just can't explain it, but I literally feel warm in all the right places - it's like that special someone's got her arms wrapped around me, and by God I don't want her to let me go, no, not just yet.

I feel... so content. It's almost as if I've got everything I've ever wanted with me. Almost. Funny how simple memories can make a feather out of a heavy guy like me - I'm floating to wherever the wind feels like taking me.

I wonder how long this will last. Never long enough, but certainly... I hope, longer than it could be.

Tonight, the world may be nothing more than a gloom - I could care less. I'm happy. Happy as happy can be. And now that I've stopped to notice, I find that the rain's subsiding. That's alright by me - I'm still smiling.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 8:12 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment