Me.

Goodbye Goodbye.

So deep this cut
So painful this lesson
So empty this room

Goodbye goodbye

Everyday, our eyes crossed
Everyday, our lips whispered words of joy
Words of longing
Words of comfort
Everyday was a day shared

When the time came, we parted without so much as a smile
Because we knew we'd see each other tomorrow
The day after
The week after

Goodbye goodbye

Took for granted you'd be there
A smile waiting
Had I known you wouldn't
I would have hugged you at the end of every day
I would have laid my lips upon your forehead
I would have smiled
And I would have said goodbye

Goodbye goodbye

Now you're gone
Here I am, the day to myself
Here I am, an unsaid goodbye hanging from the tip of my tongue
An unsaid goodbye with nowhere to go to
No one to float to

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

- A. Dewind -

Something I just came up with while I was driving around earlier in the afternoon today. Kinda relates to something I see everyday, with everyone. Hey, I'm allowed to feel poetic once in a while, no?

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 9:56 PM  

1 comment(s):

Unknown said... September 1, 2007 at 1:37 AM  

Nice.

I like :)

Post a Comment