Me.

Read One Get Another Free.

I feel so tired these days, and it doesn't help that it seems to grow with each passing day.
It's getting more and more difficult to stay focused on any one thing. My concentration is divided, and this mentally exhausting.
I need to find a way to get my focus back.

I have an assignment due this coming Saturday. Honestly speaking, this is one of the most difficult assignments I have faced since I began studying in HELP. All I have to do is do a lot of research, but the trouble with this is in the topic itself: when studying the design and concept of cache systems, and how they stand in the memory hierarchy. Normally this wouldn't be too difficult, but there is an exception this time around.

My lecturer wants us to do this assignment as though it were a thesis paper for our Masters. I am not bloody joking. This is why it's difficult for me, because there is a lot of expectations to be met here. Gone are the days of 5 page assignments with double spacing. With this assignment, it's about 15 pages, single spacing.

I'm going bald.

Thankfully, it's a group effort - so the burden is lessened considerably. And of course, I have very able group mates: Collin and Thilagan. Thank goodness.

On another note...

I'll be tying my stomach in the coming months. I've decided on doing this in my bid to save up money to do certain modifications to my car, to enhance its drivability. I consulted Aliff the other day on the price range of certain parts, as well as the best way to go about modifying it. Needless to say, the information provided by him greatly helped me with planning this whole thing. However, before I decided anything for myself, I had to get the approval of my father. He said he didn't mind, so that took gave me the green light to start.

It doesn't end there.

After explaining to him my plan (I will modify my car in stages, over a maximum period of one and a half years - performance only, no cosmetic modification), he told me this:-

"Instead of modifying it, why don't you go and trade it in or sell it off? Then just get the Satria Neo."

... This caught me by surprise. Not only did I have the green light to modify my car, I now have the chance of getting myself a brand new Satria Neo.
I'm back on the fence now.

What do I do?

It must be understood, that despite me wanting a new car - the fact remains that I am dearly attached to my current "Black Knight". It is, after all, my first car. My car. Owner: Adam. Me. Mine. Giving this up is quite difficult to do. So the question lingers: do I scrap the old and get fuzzy with the new, or do I forgo a shiny new temptation and stick to what has come to be an extension of me?

Decisions.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 6:54 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment