Me.

Farewell Friend.

Feels a little odd.

Collin left for Singapore today, and he'll be in Australia by tomorrow. There goes one of my oldest and closest friend. It's going to be a while before I actually see him again.

We had a farewell session just two nights ago, with the company of Thilagan, Kingsley, Kishore, Ryan and Isaac. Was an incredible night - good drinks, great music, and perfect company. Kishore, Ryan, and Collin even got up on the pub's stage and performed as Maria's Margaritas for the last time. The guys played medleys of a few songs, the most awesome being their jazz/funk version of Wonderwall/Low (Oasis & Flo Rida, amazing).

This morning Collin and I went for breakfast together. Gosh. Oddly enough, I'm pretty much alone now here in Rawang.

I'm going to miss our midnight mamak sessions (or, almost midnight), our discussions (mostly political? Ha ha), and singing in the DSA. There's also the constant repetitive barrage of lame jokes.

As much of an asshole as I've been, there are only too few people who've been with me through it all - and Collin is one of them. Eight solid years of friendship, that's something to shout about. I'm going to miss you my friend! I hope.. everything goes well for you there.

Take care Chocolate Bear :D

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 4:40 PM  

3 comment(s):

Collin Michael Nunis said... July 14, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

Chocolate Bear... I miss you too! I can easily say I miss the food there as well but Perth is very recreational... Its hard to get hungry. Food's a little expensive here but groceries here are dirt cheap for cooking.

There is no such thing as class and status here in Perth and everyone's entitled to a good time, irrespective of how much you get. No one gives a rat's ass about how much you earn and what you work as. A CEO can live next door to a bricklayer. Call it an exagerration but its true.

Perth's a very residential and recreational city. It doesn't have much of the hustle and bustle of KL and to some, it will be very boring here. But as far as I'm concerned, Perth is like paradise for me. I know i'm saying this too soon but so far, these are my observations. See you on Christmas!

Adam Dewind said... July 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

Good to hear you're enjoying your time there so far, my friend.

Sounds like my kind of place. We're a little boring, aren't we? Ha ha.

Will be looking forward to Christmas Collin! We'll hop out of our "boring shells" and paint the town as red as the decorations on our trees.

Collin Michael Nunis said... July 14, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

Yeah bitch. Lets.

Post a Comment