Me.

3rd Life.

Drove out today. And this happens:-


Yerp. It was raining, and the road was wet. I was driving at a reasonable speed, till I hit a fairly small hole on the bridge, which was filled with water. All of a sudden, my car spun.

Two seconds later (Maybe it was this long, moved to fast for me to tell), my car was parked on the wrong side of the road, with my side mirror and the barrier of the bridge merely five inches apart.
A little faster... and I would've gone overboard, and onto the highway below.
It's a lucky thing that there were no cars on the opposing lane at the time. If there were, I'd likely be in some hospital now. Or worse? In some cemetery.

But I'm not dead yet. Like all cats, I have nine lives. I still have six to go, so you're all gonna be stuck with me for a little longer. Huzzah.

As scary as the ordeal was, I didn't feel terrified. In fact, I was as calm as I am now. I remember the guy that stopped to help me. He came tapping on my window, and when he was sure I was fine, he asked "Why are you smiling?"

I'd like to know the answer too. Looking back on it, I still don't feel anything. And I'm still wondering what made me smile when truthfully, I was fairly close to death.
My fascination with death kicking up again?

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 10:29 PM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment