Me.

The Drive Home.

As I type this, I can't help but notice the time. 2:52AM.
I should be asleep.

Soon, I hope.

Yesterday (to be more precise: a few hours back), friends and I gathered for dinner at Yuen's Steamboat Buffet Restaurant in Sunway, just because. It was a a fairly good time, all fourteen of us seated together in two tables. The ones that came were Thilagan, Nohshini, Aliff, Kimberley, Charlene, Ronald, Gillian, Victor, Ila, Carla, Collin, Amir and Yip. Aside from Carla, everyone else was definitely a familiar face. Spent the night eating to our heart's content, and at the same time doing what we do best when we're with each other: insulting one another. Haha.

Unfortunately, five of our close friends weren't able to make it: them being Jason, Fidi, Kumar, Weng Chi and Izan. Another time, possibly.

For the life of me, I have never seen such erratic behaviour among restaurant patrons. Whenever this certain chicken dish came in, patrons would rush to the tray and practically hussle with one another to get their hands on some chicken! You'd think that these people are trying chicken for the first time. Then again, Malaysians will be Malaysians. Decency isn't really a true part of our vocabulary now, is it?

Shut up and agree.

Well then. The dinner went on, and at one point we forced Victor to down a cup of... Godknowswhat. He took it in three sips =_= You're supposed to bloody down it damnit. The last time we went for it (Yea, Victor wasn't there. But still.) I had to down a 3/4 cup of CHILLI. Bloody fucking hell. I had stomach problems for one week following that ordeal. You should count yourself lucky :<

The end came, and soon enough we were all going our separate ways. Thilagan, Amir, Collin, Charlene and myself made for Ol' Skool, a pub in Jalan Gasing - where we hoped to sit, drink and enjoy some live music. Unfortunately, the pub was packed. I couldn't move around without brushing against some lady's boobs. Or some guy's.

*shudder*

Then we moved on to Waikiki. Packed again. God-bloody-bless. Friday night, what did we expect? Getting a little annoyed, we moved on to Duke's Tavern, a pub in Duta Vista - where a blues band was playing for the night :D

Info!: I'm a jazz/blues fan.

We settled in, ordered a jug of beer and spent a good hour and a half just sitting back, drinking and listening to music. Funny thing is, we hardly said a word to one another. All just sitting quietly...

I have to say, it was at this very moment that I felt something I hadn't felt in such a long time. I felt calm and collected. And with just the quiet company of my three close friends - Amir, Thilagan and Collin - along with the ever-lovely Charlene Marie Samuel, I completely forgot about everything that had been troubling me for the past few weeks. Understand that it wasn't the alcohol that made me feel so relaxed. Rather, it was the ambiance, the company, and the silence between us that made me feel this way. One realizes then that you don't have to say a word: your friends will still be there with you. And I guess that's all that really matters eh? I may not open up to them as much as I'd like to, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm forever grateful that they're there nonetheless.

Loved the feeling.

Soon after, Thilagan had to go back... So we made our way home. I dropped Thilagan off first, then sent Charlene and Amir back. Let me tell you something: the drive home was smooth, and ever so calming. This is why I love driving. :)

I need to go out like this again. Sit in a pub, listen to some live blues/jazz/rock, and just have one chilled mug of beer in hand. And when I do this, Thily, Amir and Collin definitely have to be there with me. Gosh it felt good.

It's 3:24AM now. Took me more than twenty minutes to get from the start to here. Interesting. Of course, I've taken much longer to blog. But that's beside the point.

I'm pretty much done editing chapter three of my fiction. I'll likely post it up tonight, if I come online :)

Till then, here's a raise of an imaginary glass: To the people that matter most. Keep them close, and never stop showing your appreciation for them. Cheers.

Given a certain level of thought byAdam Dewind at 2:51 AM  

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment